September fourth is quickly approaching. Prague is even seven hours closer to that date than I am here in Wisconsin. September fourth marks the first day of the 2013-2014 school year at the Christian International School of Prague. I am still trusting in God to get me to Prague in His timing. He has been teaching me a lot about what "His timing" means.
The main thing He is teaching me is that His timing is not my timing, no matter how much I think that my timing makes sense. You may say, "Kate, obviously God's timing is not the same as yours, you're a missionary, you should know that." I would have to answer by saying, my head knows that, but my heart has been struggling with that concept for a long time. I am a logical person. I often live my life based on what makes sense. This is not how God is asking me to live my life. He knows things I don't know, therefore what makes sense to me isn't what is best. I don't see the whole picture. God sees the whole picture. I don't know what will happen in the future. God knows what will happen in the future. Just because being in Prague before school starts makes sense to me, that doesn't mean that it is the right time in God's eyes. I am just going to have to learn to trust that whenever I leave for Prague is the best time because it is in God's time.
Praises: I have at least three more monthly supporters since my last post. And at least two of those supporters are trying to find other people to refer me to for support. I also have found quite a few one-time supporters lately. I have been able to share what I am doing with many people lately, and share my love of serving God with them.
Prayer Requests: Please join me in praying for at least $800 more in monthly pledges to come in very quickly. Pray for more people for me to contact. And please pray for everything to come together when it is time for me to leave and for everything to be set up well when I get to Prague so my students still have quality learning experiences, even if I am not there on the first day of school.
No comments:
Post a Comment