Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Amazing City, Even More Amazing God

Living in a foreign city, like most people, I go through times of culture shock and homesickness. Especially over Christmas, I was really missing my  family, my friends, my pets, and my hometown. About that same time, I was also missing being able to read labels at the grocery store, being able to communicate with others in public, and having at least some idea of who to contact when your stove breaks.

With those things said, this post is not about the hard things that come with moving overseas. This post is about how God uses all those things to reveal parts of the greatness of His plan. Culture shock is hard. Being homesick can be depressing. And when I was feeling those things, I was forced to sit back and spend some time with God. He was faithful and reminded me why he brought me to Prague.

He reminded me of His faithfulness through the beauty of this city He has brought me to. Sometimes I look at the historic buildings and beautiful scenery and have to remind myself that I actually live in this city, it isn't a dream.









God has also used conversations to remind me of why I am here. I have talked to people who have reassured me that I am being used by God here. Moms have thanked me for investing in the spiritual growth of their daughters through middle school girls' Bible study. Teachers have thanked me for this and that. And friends from home have encouraged me to stop, take a look around, and praise God for this opportunity. I get to serve my God and teach the subjects I am passionate about to kids I have grown to love. It really is a huge blessing, and when I stop to think, I remember that I serve a pretty amazing God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment